Weight Loss Journey

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Bittersweet.

Today after finishing up my last day of my NCLEX review course I had a rush of emotions hit me, I was so relieved and excited to have survived nursing school and starting my career soon as a graduate nurse. Then all of a sudden when I got back to my apartment and realized how empty it was becoming every day due to my roommate moving out into her new apartment today and my packing of my things for Sunday when I officially move. I began to cry because this has been my home for three years now and I have met some of the best people in my life here. My amazing wonderful boyfriend, Robert that I cannot begin to be thankful for.


And then of course my best friends! Chelsea who is my roommate aka soul sister, we understand each other so much and I think thats why our friendship was able to survive and conquer living together and only made us grow stronger. Then my other best friend Joanne, we went through nursing school together and were each others shoulder to lean on when times got hard with all the overwhelming material and studying. We are all three the best of friends, sometimes we wish we had a 4th so we could be like Sex and the City, but we never found that fourth person that fit right.

(Chelsea, Me, & Joanne)

We are all three going to be living in different cities but the good thing is it will give us a good excuse to come visit each other and get out of town for a weekend! My boyfriend and I will also be doing a long distance relationship for about 6 months till he graduates and moves to be with me. He made the commitment to follow me, I was going to stay here where we live now but we ultimately weighed the pros and cons and thought about where would be best for both our futures and jobs and decided that Houston, where I'm originally from would be the best option. 

I feel so blessed to have these amazing people in my life as well as an excellent family I could of never made it through nursing school without their support. It has yet to hit me that I will be graduating and officially growing up, I think once I walk across the stage and sit for my boards it will hit me all at once. I'm scared to weigh in this week because due to finals I fell to the temptation of a lot of comfort foods, and this weekend I'm sure I'm going to have my fair share of alcohol to celebrate. Oh well you only graduate college so many times in your life, minus well enjoy my weekend and just hit the gym and diet hard on Monday. 

I'm excited to be re-commiting to Weight Watchers in June, because I feel like that is the missing puzzle piece in my weight loss journey right now and I think it will help get me out of the slump I am in and help re-motivate me to get these last 25 pounds off of my body for good. I know this is a very long post but I had quite a lot on my mind and wanted to share. I will post all about my graduation weekend and hopefully will have pictures to share!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment