Weight Loss Journey

Friday, May 6, 2011

Acceptance.

So after my emotional binge yesterday I woke up this morning feeling kind of relieved. Its odd to explain but after binging due to my emotions I sat down and thought about the reasons I chose to binge and I came to the conclusion that it was my own choice and that my destiny is in my hands and that tomorrow morning I'm going to get up with confidence and step on the scale and accept whatever it has for me because I'm going to handle this like a mature adult and learn and grow from it. I stepped on the scale up one pound this morning and even though it was disappointing it could've been much much worse. So I'm using this as a learning opportunity and I'm moving on!

This is a great picture of how I'm going to learn, grow and change. I need to learn from the past, live for the present and grow for the future. I feel like this journey has made me a stronger person mentally and emotionally however there still are some wounds there that I need to work on every day. But that by accepting them I know my downfalls and I know that they are there so I can work on improving them everyday.

So besides that I have one of my last two finals today of my undergraduate career. Its kind of bittersweet I'm ready to graduate and open a new chapter in my life however I'm going to miss being a student and everything that it entails. Although I do have quite the number of responsibilities that most of my student friends don't, I still don't have the quantity of responsibilities that normal working adults do. So this is going to be a change and I'm hoping I will adapt to it rather quickly especially since I'm going to be working night shifts 7pm-7am! I'm going to look like a crazy woman sleeping during the day and up at all times of the night. Almost half-vampire like. Oh and studying for my nursing boards is another stressor of mine, hopefully I can keep my stress eating to a minimum and at least choose healthy alternatives!!!

So my goal for the week is to work on my stress eating during this stressful time and exercise more when I start to feel stressed that way I can release some good endorphins, being working out always makes me feel better! Also to keep my motivation high, because with one final left and a lot of packing to do I can't afford to slack now. Focus on clean eating this week as well. That is something that I have been doing really well on and I think that will help to get the one pound off that I gained this week and up my water intake!

Have a great day everyone :) Its almost the weekend and I know everyone is ready. I am happy to be back in the blogging world and I think later on sometime when I get some time I'm going to add some personal touches to my blog to make it more personal that way I will be more obligated to use it, because it does make me feel better when I write down my feelings/emotions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment